Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Banana-Fana-Fo-Fana Chewy Cookies

A friend of mine was recently in a local play of Annie, and we were lucky enough to get tickets for the family night showing. And it wasn't just my friend that we were so excited to see on stage, his dog was also in the show, acting as "Sandy". It was pretty hilarious watching the dog, Spencer, as at first he was so nervous with his tail between his legs, slightly quivering, and backside towards the audience, all until "dad" came out onto stage. Then he would suddenly whip his tail up and over his back, and a big doggie smile came across his face. Pretty adorable. Oh, and our friend was fantastic too! :)

For such the occasion, as I had some extra time on my hands before heading down the Penninsula to the show, I decided I wanted to bake a little something sweet for our stars. I looked around my kitchen and found that I had some very ripe banana's, and all the fixin's for cookies. So I decided on banana cookies. I found a good looking recipe online here. I followed the recipe pretty exactly, except that I think I used all spice in place of the cinnamon/nutmeg/clove. I also added brown sugar, by reducing the white sugar by half and adding the remainder in brown sugar. And I used walnuts, as that is what I had on hand.

I whipped the batter together, and got them baking...
They came out of the oven smelling delightful, just like a banana bread does. And these cookies very much reminded me of banana bread. They are soft, pillowy, and chewy, with great nana flavor. But I thought that these nana-cookies needed a little extra oomph. I whipped up a vanilla icing to drizzle on top...
mmm....Whoop, there it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment