Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hey Baby Quiche, Que Pasa?!

Crustless Quiche with Gruyere and Asparagus
Recently, once while dining at a Mexican restaurant on Valentines Day, and the second time, ummm, was maybe at the flea market....I really don't remember....but I have heard this song played by local Mariachi bands. And let me just state that I am one of "those"who happens to LOVE Mariachi bands. And since I don't actually speak Spanish, I have no idea what the song is about, and all I can understand, which is the best part, is when they say " Hey Baby, Que Paso". I think it's hilarious. Please don't judge!

So I decided to name the title of my post today after that song. You may ask, what does a Mariachi band song have to do with quiche?? Well, nothing at all really. It's just that this crustless asparagus quiche with gruyere cheese that I made last night for dinner, is my latest and greatest baby. So, "hey baby quiche, que pasa?!" At least I am giggling on the inside.

As I was making this one little lonely serving of beautifullness, I felt stingy not making more for sharing. But not enough to actually make more than my one little baby ramekin of this eggy cheesy yumminess. So the least that I could do is share some pictures with you, and a quick recipe...

For one serving:

1 egg whole egg
2 egg whites
1/2 shallot, minced
1-2 garlic cloves, mined
3-4 Asparagus, small to medium diced
about 1/2 cup of gruyere cheese, shredded
butter
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425
Coat ramekin with butter
Preheat ramekin in oven until hot

Season asparagus with oil, salt and pepper
Whip together whole egg and egg whites
Combine eggs, shallot, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper to taste
Place diced asparagus into heated ramekin
Pour egg mixture over asparagus in heated ramekin
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked thru and lightly browned on top

I also roasted some baby potatoes, and some additional asparagus for garnish.

Your quiche might rise, like a lot, by trying to jump out of the piping hot ramekin. Don't worry, he won't get very far. Mine puffed up even more than this....


Cheers! Au Revoir! Bienvenidos! (Whatever that means)

No comments:

Post a Comment