Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

TGI Friday, the 13th!?!

Today is Friday the 13th. I am not a superstitious person, so it doesn't mean much to me, other than it's FRIDAY. But I did have a little scare that began sometime in the middle of the night last night....I won't go into the details but it had to do with my dog, her recent vaccinations, some unworldly smells and substances coming her from tiny body, repeated visits to the shower to hose her off, a visit to the vet, and a thorough cleaning of my apartment, she now seems to be fine. Wasn't that fun?!?

Moving on. I was inspired to do some writing today after a really interesting chat with a former classmate, a very cool cat of whom I value his opinion. He reminded me of a few important things that I have lost sight of somewhere along my culinary journey. He reminded me of what some of my original ideas, goals, and plans were as I was just starting my culinary education. And he reminded me why I even began this whole blogging thing, too. And that even if it''s just me, myself, and I, (oh, and my auntie and grandma) reading this thing, that I should still keep it up because in his opinion, I have a decent writing style all my own, and who knows what could come of it.

So as I sit here waiting for my rice pilaf to cook on the stove, I thought I would do some writing today....

No comments:

Post a Comment