Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Catered Event: Bonnie's Baby Shower

Dairy-Free Waldorf Chicken Salad on Endive
This past weekend I had the pleasure to provide catered foods for a baby shower. A few weeks ago a very good friend of mine had her bachelorette party in Tahoe. And there I met some friends of hers, and made some new friends of my own. I decided to make my tomato bruschetta to bring along to the house in Tahoe, as I had a few french bread baguettes sitting around from baking class, and the bruschetta would travel well, not to mention it's delicious and addicting! Some of the girls really loved the bruschetta, and just last week they called to ask if I could make the bruschetta, along with some other dishes, for their baby shower. I was thrilled that they thought of me to provide foods for their special day!

There was to be 25 guests at the shower, so I thought four dishes would be appropriate, as they had some other dishes planned. Already on my menu was the tomato bruschetta. Next I decided to make what I  know to be a crowd pleaser, the pear and crisped pancetta with blue cheese. I added a chicken skewer dish, that I glazed with maple and stone ground mustard, and topped with fresh mango and basil. Last I decided on making some gougeres. I had seen this recipe months ago and thought they sounded delicious. And now that I know how to make a pate au choux dough, I felt comfortable making these for the shower. Then they asked for an additional dish, one that has no dairy. So I came up with a dairy-free waldorf chicken salad, served on endive.  I hope that everyone at the shower enjoyed the beautiful day, the mom-to-be, the games, and the food!
Pear with Crisped Pancetta and Blue Cheese, Honey and Thyme
Maple and Mustard Glazed Chicken Sausage Skewers with Mango and Basil
Tomato Bruschetta
Gougeres with Gruyere and Parmesan


The table set up


No comments:

Post a Comment